Global Information Technology Company
Business Development Consulting and Operational Services Engagement
Situation and Business Problem to be addressed:
- Desktop computing product line business in Latin America, including channels of distribution, needed to be re-energized, and an initiative for large corporate customers established.
- Due to a recent acquisition, the combined product lines needed to be rationalized into a single product offering and roadmap.
- The revitalized product line needed to be transitioned into the business group responsible for Latin America.
Group Lamerica approach and solution:
- Visited and assessed 1) current major channel partners for Brazil, Mexico, and Miami, and 2) potential new channel partner candidates in Mexico, Chile and Peru.
- Assessed market opportunity for desktop computing product line; prioritized countries for growing and expanding sales, and developed business and marketing plan framework.
- As master sales representative, took direct responsibility for working with channel partners and selected large, in-country corporate customers to increase product line sales.
- Lead efforts to define combined product line and roadmap for Latin American market.
- New distributors established in Chile, Peru and Mexico.
- Generated $250,000 of client revenue in three months.
- Product line restructuring recommendations approved and implemented by client.
- Identified in-country manufacturing partner for client in Brazil.