International Industrial Services Company
Business Development Consulting Services Engagement
Situation and Business Problem to be addressed:
- As part of the client’s continuing growth strategy, client wanted to understand opportunities for expansion into Mexico (phase I) and key countries in South America (phase II).
- Organic growth, acquisition and licensing alternatives needed to be assessed as potential expansion strategies.
- Phase I and Phase II market opportunities were not understood and defined; executable marketing and business plans were needed.
- Operational assistance required in pursuing acquisition and/or licensing agreements.
Group Lamerica approach and solution:
- Complete market study in Mexico to understand opportunity for client’s industrial services, competition, legal and regulatory environment.
- Identify potential acquisition and licensing agreement candidates (for both Phase I and II).
- Develop business case and risk analysis for each of the three basic expansion strategies, including pro-forma financial projections.
- Prepare business plan for first three years of operation in Mexico.
- Actively assist in establishing in-country subsidiary and an initial brand development initiative.
- Presented client with a business plan and recommendations for expansion through organic growth and acquisition.
- Assisted client with due diligence of acquisition candidates, and initial stages of contract negotiations.
- Identified licensing candidates in four countries in Latin America; completed due diligence on each candidate and assisted in closing targeted candidates for each country.