Industrial Equipment and Services Company
Business Development Consulting Services Engagement
Situation and Business Problem to be addressed:
- As a growth strategy, Client management wanted to establish an international presence for the company, and its operating companies.
- Latin America, Brazil and Mexico in particular, was a potential strategic target, but the client lacked understanding of these countries, the industry sectors and potential market opportunities.
- Automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industry sectors were of primary interest to the client.
Group Lamerica approach and solution:
Project scope included
- identification of potential market opportunities in the industry sectors of interest, market research, analysis and assessment of identified opportunities, development of a competitive landscape, and structuring a business planning framework for entering Brazil and Mexico targeting the recommended opportunities.
- Market information was developed through secondary and in-country primary market research, and meetings/interviews with key operating individuals (companies,in-country associations and government agencies).
- Total project (both countries) was completed in seven months.
- In the course of the project engagement, presented client with three milestone reports: 1) market findings report for Brazil and Mexico, 2) market opportunities report and 3) business planning report for each country.
- Assisted in preparation of presentations for decision reviews with client’s management team.